Mackaya Bella Lodge is located within the Central area of the Ukhahlamba Drakensberg Mountain Range in South Africa. The Drakensberg was declared a World Heritage site as a result of its diversity of flora and fauna and the extent of its San Rock art.
This Lodge is nestled below this unique mountain range.
So from our main lodge sun deck enjoy spectacular views of Cathkin Peak, Champagne Castle, Monks Cowl and Dragons Peak.
In addition, the Sterkspruit River meanders along the flood plain below the Lodge. Thus offering crystal pools for hikers to cool off during the hot summer months. San Art is present on the property.
Mackaya Bella Lodge has three exclusive stone-clad cottages under thatch. Each is uniquely furnished and set in a landscaped garden.
Each room offers comfortable en suite bathrooms. Additionally, they offer a Queen size bed and a full DSTV bouquet. Furthermore, they are equipped with heating and a fan. Moreover, tea and coffee facilities are provided.
There is a wide range of activities that can be undertaken from this lodge or in its near vicinity. These include:
- Firstly, helicopter flips over the Drakensberg:
- Additionally, hiking… read more;
- Thirdly, hot air ballooning;
- Also, abseiling;
- Motorbike scrambling;
- Moreover, trail running;
- Park runs – in Northern Drakensberg and at the Waffle Hut;
- regular events …read more;
- mountain biking and circuits;
- bowling – especially at The Nest Hotel;
- a chocolate factory;
- performances of the Drakensberg Boys Choir;
- visits to San rock art sites and museums – Main Caveat Giants Castle, Didima Rock Art Museum and Battle Cave at Injisuti;
- The reptile centre;
- Falcon Ridge bird sanctuary;
- bee and honey tours;
- bird watching;
- fishing at locations such as Bell Park Dam and Spionkop Nature Reserve;
- moreover, mountaineering. Some peaks such as Monks Cowl are a real challenge!;
- various eateries and pubs;
- horse riding;
- furthermore, mountain biking;
- two-wheelers (Scooters);
- also, white river rafting:
- canopy tours or zip lining:
- craft markets, such as Zulu Weavers and Thokozisa;
- wine estate, The Cathedral Peak Wine Estate:
- a day trip to the Midlands Meander;
- a craft brewery, The Drakensberg Brewery;
- visits to battlefield sites such as Spionkop, Ladysmith and Colenso and tours:
- Lastly, game reserves such as Nambiti and Spionkop Nature Reserve; and
museums and monuments such as the Winterton Museum, Sandra se Winkel, The Ladysmith Siege Museum and Nelson Mandela Capture site
So for more information regarding this exclusive lodge, please complete the following form: