Introduction to Winter 2019 Berg Times
This section provides a dedicated link to the Winter 2019 Berg Times. Berg Times a publication, produced by Cathkin Booking and Management Services. Furthermore, this periodical aims to provide tour operators, incentive organisers, professional conference organisers and individual tourists with insights into the latest developments in the Northern and Central Drakensberg area, as well its surrounds such as the KwaZulu-Natal Battlefields. Furthermore, a useful read for tourists or potential tourists to this area.
- The Drakensberg: A Distinctive Incentive Destination. A detailed overview of how the Drakensberg can be packaged for incentive programmes and motivational meetings;
- Regular feature on what to do on a rainy day;
- Moreover, a description of the Gray’s Pass hike;
- Also, hiking tips for the Drakensberg;
- An introduction to Ladysmith and the famous siege of this town during The South African War;
- Some regular events. These include the Wednesday concerts of the Drakensberg Boys Choir School, Champagne Valley Walking Club hikes and Saturday Parkruns;
- A description of Main Cave in the Giants Castle area. This is one of the few sites where the public can marvel at the artistic ability of the San when they lived in the Drakensberg Mountains. Some 500 examples of their frescos are found in this cave. It also includes an outdoor museaum. A guide provides you with an interpretation of the rock art.;
- Furthermore, an overview of San Rock Protocol to assist in preserving the rich heritage of these people;
- The Okahlamba Multi-Purpose Centre. The Okahlamba Local Municipality has a substantial multi-purpose conference and sports venue. The plenary venue is over is over 1,500m2. The plenary venue that can seat more than 2,000 delegates in theatre style;
- Finally a directory of tourism service providers in the Central and Northern Drakensberg.