Winterton Country Lodge is a perfect stopover on your way to the KwaZulu-Natal coastal area. So indulge in this romantic accommodation, set between huge trees, with abundant bird life.
But the Winterton Country Lodge is also some 32 km to the Drakensberg. This area is renowned for hiking, horse riding, golfing, arts and crafts, restaurants and coffee shops. The Drakensberg Boys Choir and Spionkop Game Reserve are loin close vicinity. So enjoy this particular “World Heritage Site” in our beautiful Central Drakensberg!
Moreover, request a delicious farm breakfasts or dinner. Meals can be enjoyed in our charming dining room with a fire in winter. They can also be enjoyed on a thatched patio. The patio overlooks the Drakensberg.
Fish and canoe in the dam. Cool down in the pool or just relax in the lovely garden. Braai Facilities, fridge, fan, heater, coffee and tea making facilities and DSTV are available in all the rooms. A cosy pub is provided in the lounge and in the lounge.
The Lodge has 10 suites .
There is so much to do in the vicinity of the Winterton Country Lodge. Some must do activities include:
- Firstly, hiking in the Central or Northern Drakensberg;
- Undertaking some of the other adventure pursuits in the Drakensberg such as hot air ballooning, trail running, horse riding, mountain biking and zip lining;
- Also, visiting some of the San rock art sites, such as Main Cave at Giants Castle and Battle Cave at Injisuti;
- Enjoying the Winterton Country Club;
- Visiting some of the interesting museums in the area such as the Winterton Museum, The Ladysmith Siege Museum and Rock Art Museum at Didima;
- Taking a battlefield tour to sites such as Spionkop, Colenso and Ladysmith; and
- Finally, visiting some of the excellent eateries in the town such as the “Pig and Plough”.
So please complete the following form for more information or a quotation.