Three Tree Hill Lodge lies against the backdrop of the Drakensberg Mountains of South Africa. Furthermore, it overlooks the secluded Mfazimnyama Valley of the Spioenkop Game Reserve. This luxurious 20 bedded lodge is owner-managed by Simon and Cheryl Blackburn. Their passion and enthusiasm for Africa are immediately evident when you visit. You are welcomed into their home and invited to experience the warm hospitality and relaxed atmosphere in their four-star family-run lodge.
Three Tree Lodge has the following accommodation facilities:
- Firstly, Double Cottage, a 3 bedroom unit;
- Kiplings Cottage, a two-bedroom unit;
- Churchills Cottage, a two-bedroom unit; and
- Lastly, Burchells Cottage. A unit with two en-suite bedrooms. It is suitable for families of two adults and four children. Furthermore, it provides a lounge, deck and fully equipped kitchen.
Three Tree Lodge offers a number of on-site activities. These include:
- Firstly, nature trails on the property;
- Furthermore, mountain Biking;
- Guided horse trails;
- A guided tour to the Rangeworthy Cemetery. This cemetery holds the graves of those killed in the battles of iNtabamnyama and Bastion Hill; and
- Lastly, an excursion to a local community village.
There are a number of off-site activities in the vicinity of this Lodge. Some must-do activities:
- Firstly, Hiking in the Drakensberg;
- Visiting the site of Battle of Spionkop. One of the key sites to relieve Ladysmith during the Second Anglo-Boer War or The South African War;
- Take a Battlefields Tour;
- Visit some of the craft centres in the area, such as KwaZulu Weavers;
- Experience the Chocolate Factory, Drakensberg Brewery and Cathedral Peak Wine Estate;
- Enjoy a Hot Air Balloon trip;
- Take a helicopter flip over the Drakensberg;
- Visit the Spionkop Nature Reserve; and
- Browse in one of the many museums of the area, such as the Winterton and Ladysmith Siege Museum.
So for more information please complete the following form: