Introduction to the Willow Grange Country Hotel
Welcome to your home away from home! The Willow Grange Country Hotel, in the Heart of the Majestic Drakensberg and the KwaZulu-Natal Battlefields. Furthermore, The Willow Grange Country Hotel is committed to your comfort. Moreover, situated in the heart of the scenic KwaZulu-Natal Midlands. Also the KwaZulu-Natal Battlefields of South Africa
Willow Grange Country Hotel has ten comfortable rondavels. Each of these has en-suite bathrooms.
Furthermore, this hotel has a sparkling pool. Moreover, a substantial dining room and pub that reflects the history of the area. Also, it flows out into a significant outside veranda area, with stunning views of the bushveld of the region. The hotel provides substantial braai facilities.
Additionally, Willow Grange has two conference venues. Furthermore, these are ideal for weddings. Also excellent fishing in three dams.
There are many on-site Willow Grange activities for you to enjoy. The following is a list of Willow Grange activities:
- Firstly, a safe kiddies playground;
- Also, a swimming pool;
- Thirdly, a tennis court;
- Outdoor sports on the front lawn;
- Furthermore, Willow Grange activities include walks to the river;
- Additionally, a TV Lounge;
- Moreover, a bonfire area outside;
- Additionally fishing;
- Quad Bike trails are an exciting way of exploring more of the property. (bring own quads); and
- There is abundant birdlife for enthusiastic bird watchers, who will also enjoy the peace and quiet of country living.
Things to do :
- Firstly, water Skiing on Wagendrift Dam;
- Additionally, white water rafting on either the Bushmans River or the Thukela River;
- Also canoeing, kayaking, river board rafting;
- Furthermore, horse riding and horse trails;
- Fifthly, abseiling off nearby crags or the impressive Wagendrift Dam wall;
- Game viewing – both day and night game drive;
- Furthermore, hunting – both plains and wing shooting;
- Hiking trails – in the mountains, on game reserves and ranches;
- Fishing – excellent trout and bass fishing on both rivers and dams;
- Bird watching;
- Mountain biking;
- 4 X 4 trails and training courses;
- Picnic and braai facilities;
- Visit Zulu cultural villages and traditional healers, Umtshezi’s own traditional medicine nursery, the Inkomfe Project, is a must-see in this category;
- Buy local crafts and curios; and
- Lastly, ” revisit the Anglo Boer War” and see the battlefields at Willow Grange, stop by at the site of the armoured train incident in Frere which led to the capture of Sir Winston Churchill, pay your respects at the Chievely Military Cemetery and the Clouston Memorial. No historical tour is complete without the experience of Fort Dumford Museum, a stately Fort built to defend the British against the might of the Zulu Nation and the San.
So for an exceptional experience in the Drakensberg and Battlefields of KwaZulu-Natal complete the following form: