Introduction to the Bell @ Fernwood
The Bell @ Fernwood a fully equipped three bedroom six-sleeper chalet, with two bathrooms and a reading room. Located in the majestic Central Drakensberg of South Africa. The spacious open plan living area leads onto a comfortable veranda with amazing views. Furthermore, the kitchen is well equipped. Additionally, a daily cleaning service will ease you into a relaxing mode.
Moreover, The Bell is privately situated. No other units are visible from the house. For cold winter nights, the Bell has a fireplace, underfloor heating in the main bedroom and bathroom. Additionally, all the other bedrooms have electric heaters.
Wild antelope and birds feed on the lawn in the early mornings. An ideal wildlife spotting experience
Fernwood is a 230-hectare area of pristine mountain property adjacent to the UNESCO Ukhalamba World Heritage Park.
There thus a number of key activities in the area:
- Firstly, helicopter flips over the Drakensberg:
- Additionally, hiking… read more;
- Thirdly, hot air ballooning;
- Also, abseiling;
- Motorbike scrambling;
- Moreover, trail running;
- Park runs – in Northern Drakensberg and at the Waffle Hut;
- regular events …read more;
- mountain biking and circuits;
- bowling – especially at The Nest Hotel;
- a chocolate factory;
- performances of the Drakensberg Boys Choir;
- visits to San rock art sites and museums – Main Caveat Giants Castle, Didima Rock Art Museum and Battle Cave at Injisuti;
- The reptile centre;
- Falcon Ridge bird sanctuary;
- bee and honey tours;
- bird watching;
- fishing at locations such as Bell Park Dam and Spionkop Nature Reserve;
- moreover, mountaineering. Some peaks such as Monks Cowl are a real challenge!;
- various eateries and pubs;
- horse riding;
- furthermore, mountain biking;
- two-wheelers (Scooters);
- also, white river rafting:
- canopy tours or zip lining:
- craft markets, such as Zulu Weavers and Thokozisa;
- wine estate, The Cathedral Peak Wine Estate:
- a day trip to the Midlands Meander;
- a craft brewery, The Drakensberg Brewery;
- visits to battlefield sites such as Spionkop, Ladysmith and Colenso and tours:
- Lastly, game reserves such as Nambiti and Spionkop Nature Reserve; and
- museums and monuments such as the Winterton Museum, Sandra se Winkel, The Ladysmith Siege Museum and Nelson Mandela Capture site.
So, please complete the following form for more information and a value for money quotation.