Mountain Splendour is one of the best camping and caravanning resorts in South Africa and the Central Drakensberg. Furthermore, Mountain Splendour is a self-catering venue.
Additionally, it provides renowned mountain bike facilities and services. Moreover, this venue is endless entertainment for the whole family. Because of an animal farm and a fantastic swimming pool. A programme of entertainment is also provided.
A detailed list of Mountain Splendour activities
The following is a detailed list of activities and entertainment facilities that this venue provides:
- Firstly, tennis and volleyball courts (rackets and balls are available for hire from reception);
- Swimming Pool with a slide;
- Thirdly, a dedicated kiddies splash pond;
- A children’s playground;
- An animal farm;
- A tree-climbing experience and small kids pony rides;
- Plenty of open space for cricket, rounders or football (hire balls and bats);
Indoor activities such as table tennis, darts and TV with Supersport and SABC channels. Hire table tennis bats and balls can be hired from reception. Darts for hire to over 12’s only;
- Moreover, there are short walking trails around the farm. Provided there is sufficient interest, hikes into the high berg (either from Injisuthi or Monks Cowl). Guided personally by our staff;
- On warm sunny days, there are shady picnic sites along the river. In peak season we organise picnics at Injisuthi (provided there is sufficient interest);
Ten kilometres of purpose-built mountain and trail running track(MTB) around the property and our trails link directly onto the Cathkin Trails;
- Furthermore, a Mountain Biking Skills Park;
- Mountain Biking and Running Trails. If you are a keen mountain biker or runner, we are only a short distance from the neighbouring rural areas providing traffic-free cattle paths, challenging hills and superb single track riding.
- Additionally, a kiddies Mountain Bike Track (MTB) track located adjacent to the tennis courts;
- Mountain bikes for hire – enquire at the office. All bikes are hired with helmets;
A well-stocked MTB shop stocking a wide range of accessories and apparel, new bikes and bike servicing;
- Finally, a book exchange service and various board games and cards to hire (enquire at reception).
Mountain Splendour arranges activities each day during holidays so please check noticeboards for most up to date information of the weekly activities.
This venue has a variety of accommodation, including:
- Luxury Tents. Tents pitched to your specification. Equipped with hotel-grade beds and linen. Moreover, each tent has electricity and private ablution facilities are also available. These tents are also known as “Glamping Tents”;
- Campsites; and
- Log Cabins.
So, for more information regarding Mountain Splendour and value for money quotation, please complete the following form.
Home | Site Map |Photo Gallery | Mountain Splendour Directions