The Drakensberg Sun in the Champagne Valley is one of the prime accommodation, meeting and incentive resort hotels in the Drakensberg and South Africa. So it is a four-star establishment and is highly recommended for your stay in the Drakensberg. Moreover, This resort aims to keep its guest entertained. So It has a range of hikes, horse riding and other outdoor pursuits. And this resort is located close to the Drakensberg Canopy Tour.
One of the favourite activities to undertake is to take a hike to the ‘Blue Grotto’. Because it is a must-do hike in the Valley. The Drakensberg Sun has a special sport and family pub. But this is also linked to a long patio, where excellent pub grub or light meals are served. Its pizzas are a favourite option.
Over and above that the resort has an excellent buffet restaurant.
Furthermore, this resort also has a substantial heated pool. And around the pool is a special cocktail bar.
The Drakensberg Sun offers high-speed WiFi.
In addition to the wide range of entertainment available at this resort, it is in close vicinity to various must-do experiences. Key examples being:
- Firstly, hiking from the Monks Cowl Camp, Cathedral Peak or in the Amphitheatre;
- Taking a helicopter flip;
- Furthermore, trail running and mountain biking;
- Visiting the Drakensberg Brewery, Chocolate and Cathedral Peak Hotel,
- Experiencing the Giants Castle San Museum and Rock Art Main Cave;
- Undertaking a Battlefields Tour; and
- Finally, visiting museums such as the Winterton, Ladysmith Siege Museum and ‘Sandra’s se Winkel’.
This resort has four accommodation alternatives:
- Firstly, Standard rooms (have two double beds and a bathroom with an overhead shower);
- Superior room(Superior rooms have two double beds, along with a bathroom with bath and separate shower);
- Executive Room (king size bed with mini lounge area and en-suite bathroom with bath and separate shower); and
- The Presidential Suite ( has a king-size bed with an en-suite bathroom boasting a bath and separate shower and walk-in dressing room).
So for more information or a quote please complete the following form.