The Resort is situated deep in the Central Drakensberg Valley. So, enjoy spectacular views of Cathkin Peak, Champagne Castle, Monks Cowl and the Dragon Peaks from the resort.
The location of the Resort offers the best summer and winter entertainment for all ages. Some of which include golf, fishing, cycling, recreational centre, swimming and miniature golf.
So, please complete the following form for more information or to make a booking.
Some Off-Site activities
The resort is located in close vicinity to the wide range of Central and Northern Drakensberg activities:
- Firstly, golf. The Monks Cowl Golf Resort is located right next door to Champagne Valley Resort. Champagne Valley Resort is approximately 2 km away;
- Also, bowls. The Nest Hotel is some 4 km away. Here you can be trained by an ex-Springbok and play on championship quality greens;
- Furthermore, fishing – there is excellent fishing at Bell Park Dam;
- Additionally, hiking. The Drakensberg has the highest concentration of hikes in South Africa;
- Zip-lining. The Drakensberg Canopy Tour, Dragon Peaks and Four Rivers Adventure;
- Trail running and mountain biking. The valley has a series of dedicated trails;
- Additionally, horse riding at Dragon Peaks Resort or Drakensberg Sun;
- Excellent eateries and pubs;
- Craft centres;
- San rock art sites open to the public – Main Cave at Giants Castle and Battle Cave at Injisuthi;
- Taking in a Drakensberg Boys Choir concert;
- But, also a craft brewery;
- A wine estate;
- Moreover, hot air ballooning. There are two operators in The Valley;
- Helicopter flips;
- Visits to some of the interesting surrounding towns and villages;
- Also, a chocolate factory,
- Moreover, a Macedonian cheese shop;
- Falcon Ridge Bird Park;
- A reptile centre;
- Also, abseiling;
- But, don’t miss the famous battle sites;
- White river rafting; and
- Lastly, relaxing and looking at the beautiful sunsets over the Drakensberg.