Ama Casa Cottages situated in the Champagne Valley area of the Central Drakensberg Mountains, South Africa. Furthermore, the cottages have spectacular panoramic views of the Champagne and Cathkin Peaks.
The Central Drakensberg offers a wide range of unusual and exciting activities. There is something for everyone, from:
- firstly, enjoying a concert or music festival at the world-renowned Drakensberg Boys’ Choir (every Wednesday afternoon during school terms);
- also, hot air ballooning,
- moreover, hiking,
- additionally shopping (Berg Air, The Oaks, Cedarwood, Thokozisa and more),
- chocolate cafes,
- a micro-brewery,
- trail running;
- furthermore, helicopter flips;
- mountain biking;
- horse riding;
- also, bowls (The Nest Hotel);
- golf (Monks Cowl Resort and Champagne Sports Resort);
- white river rafting;
- moreover, museums,
- additionally, riding the high wire at the Drakensberg Canopy Tour. Moreover: to relaxing
- in one of the spa centres.
The six sleeper unit, Sunbird, has three entirely en suite bedrooms, each with mountain views. Furthermore, there is a six-seater Jacuzzi on the large patio with a built-in braai. Moreover, a secluded courtyard provides a lovely private area.
For that exceptional romantic experience, your honeymoon, anniversary or that special occasion, we also have 2 x 2-sleeper self-catering cottages, Hoopoe and Kingfisher. Each with its jacuzzi on the braai patio and outdoor shower.
All units have a fireplace and underfloor heating, making winter an ideal getaway time.
Ama Casa facilities are adult-friendly. So it is unable to accept children below 13 years of age except by prior arrangement. So for more information on Ama Casa Cottages and preferential rates, please complete the following form.