Berg Bauhaus (German for ‘Mountain Farmhouse’) is a secure, pet friendly cottage situated on a working farm in the Central Drakensberg of South Africa. With a magnificent view of all the major Central Drakensberg peaks, Furthermore, it is an eight sleeper free-standing home overlooking three bass dams with beautiful walks and cycling on the farm.
Moreover, being based in the heart of the Berg, the Bauhaus is close to all attractions that the area has to offer. The Nest Hotel and uShaka Horse Trails being immediate neighbours. Additionally, the Champagne Sports Resort’s 18 hole championship course, as well as the world renowned Battlefields and Drakensberg Boys Choir are a short drive away. Furthermore, an abundance of wildlife and birds live in and around the farm, a constant reminder of the beauty of the Berg.
Besides these attractions, there are many fine dining opportunities in the area as well as several convenience stores for those much needed holiday necessities.
- Firstly, a master bedroom with en suite (shower).
- Secondly two other bedrooms with single beds;
- Linen is provided (hand towels for bathrooms, dish cloths for scullery);
One bathroom with a bath;
- Fifthly, open plan lounge/dining room;
- An enclosed veranda with day bed and additional pull-out bed;
- A fully equipped kitchen;
- A scullery (incl a dishwasher); Underfloor heating;
- A Braai and Baula (Fire pit) area;
- DSTV (Satellite TV);
- Large fenced garden; and
- Lastly an open double garage.
NO smoking policy in the house.
Additionally, toilet paper, dish-washing liquid and soap provided. Moreover, a wide range of board games, cards and puzzles available on request. Notably, Bass and Bluegill fishing are available on site. This strictly on a catch and release basis. Above this, tennis can be arranged on the court at the main farmhouse.
For more information please complete the following form: